Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Preparing for the New Year's Party

For once, the house is already clean--woohoo! But the important stuff... FOOD!

quesadillas
guacamole
black bean salsa (Homemade Gourmet "HG")
sandwich fixings (cold cuts, cheese, bread, condiments)

fruit (apples, pears, oranges, strawberries, honeydew, cantaloupe)
spiced dip made with mascarpone cheese--we have some leftover (HG)
crudité (carrots, celery, mushrooms, cucumber, cherry tomatoes)
Hidden Valley Ranch dip (light sour cream and the mix)

key lime cheesecake ball (HG)
graham cracker sticks
lemon blueberry muffins (HG)
chocolate brownies (?)

coffee and tea
orange juice
cranberry juice
sparkling water

What else? Ryan is also thinking black-eyed-peas and cornbread muffins. I don't know how to make them, so he has to figure it out. He's a good cook, so the question is really his level of desire to do it.

7 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

black eyed peas are very easy to cook. Just remember, if you get the dried beans/peas, they can take a while.
:)

shoeaddict said...

Jiffy cornbread!

The list looks good to me.

zolafan said...

crudite?? they actually have a hoity-toity frog name for "plate of raw veggies," or as I like to call it, "rabbit food"? geez...;)

Kate said...

Thanks, Lainey-Painey!

Shoeaddict, I think that's what got him excited about the beans! =)

Zolafan, I'm sure to call it that precisely because it tickles me that it has a fancy-schmany name for something so boring.

Loni said...

Jiffy cornbread, Yum! I've tried making it in more complicated ways, but nothing beats the little cornbread kits.

Back eyed peas are super easy. I think my aunt uses frozen so that they are better than canned and easier than dried.

Happy New Year!

Kate said...

I'll post about this--we used a Paula Deen recipe!

zolafan said...

y'all did good, as always. very good black-eyed peas, I felt damn lucky afterwards! :)