Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Night of the Degenerative Nodules

I went back to the endocrinologist this afternoon and he said that I definitely don't have cancer.

It's just ("just") a degenerative nodule (or somesuch) that he's pretty sure has been caused by the lithium. He doesn't think that stopping lithium is the answer, thankfully. I just couldn't deal with that.

He did say that my thyroid hormone level is still low even though I've been taking the Synthroid. So, I'm going to take more and come back in two months.

The goiter should continue to shrink as I have more of the thyroid hormone.

I do have more energy. As in, I only want to sleep 50% of the time and don't fall asleep in class every day. And I've cut back on the caffeine.

So, hooray! Hooray!

5 comments:

Shoeaddict said...

This is wonderful news. I'm so glad to hear it.

Mary~Momathon said...

Great news!

Loni said...

Hip, Hip Horeee for Cancer Free! Does cutting back on caffine help? I know that cutting back on soy helps. And taking it at the same time every day. (Thinking I should cut back on soy AND caffine as I type)

Lawfrog said...

Wonderful news! What a relief to hear that you don't have cancer. I don't know that there's a bigger relief in the world than that.

Kate said...

Thanks so much! It is a relief--I didn't realize how worried I was until I had the test and then when I got the results.

I should think I'm really lowering my soy intake since I took those meds that made me not able to eat ANY. A few things have sneaked back into my diet and I should be more vigilant about it. And I'm cutting back on caffeine, although that's been pretty low, too. Hopefully it'll help!