Wednesday, July 01, 2009

The great summer dress sale

In general, things from J Crew do not fit me. Today, I saw some things in the window and went in anyway, even though I was pretty sure I would strike out. But I found this dress. On sale, no less. Perfect for traveling and teaching--just add a cardigan.
A week or so ago I went to MaxStudio.com, a store that I always pass and sigh as I see all the little dresses I want to buy but can't fit in or afford. Apparently, there was a tear in the space-time continuum and I slipped into a world where I could fit into and afford their dresses. I took 3 dresses into the dressing room and all 3 were very flattering. I couldn't afford all 3, but I did get these 2.

This dress in a really bright green. It's so freaking cute!


Sundress in blue. The length is perfect (not too short) and with one of the cardigans from my stable, I wore it to church last week and felt very comfortable.

6 comments:

Alli said...

Cute!! I can never find or wear cute stuff like that!

Mary~Momathon said...

I love them! Have fun wearing those cute dresses!

Becca in Texas said...

I adore MaxStudio. It is all so pretty and girly. But you are right it is hard to fit into them. I do better with their dresses than I do their shirts for some reason. Which is odd for me. Pretty dresses.

Lainey-Paney said...

The 2nd one is my favorite!

And kudos to you on finding great deals!
And---the navy one---dress it up or dress it down. Awesome.

Shoeaddict said...

I love them all. Dresses are a life saver in the heat.

zydeco fish said...

This reminds me that I need to go shopping, badly.