Thursday, August 20, 2009

I would marry him all over again

I do a great deal of teasing of Ryan because he is, well, easily teasable. Of course, so am I. But he really is amazing. I wouldn't tease him if he wasn't.

Tonight, we went to the park to run with my group. Ryan went because he is supposed to run, too, but his group doesn't have an organized run. He took off with the faster folks and we met up at the end. Our coach came in and said that one of our teammates was coming in and overheating. No one had any ice (it was about 95°). Ryan had brought our ice pack (Rubbermaid Blue Ice Flexible Ice Blanket) from the car and he offered it, but no one was really listening. As the girl came in, everyone swooped on her and Ryan walked up, gently told her to put it on her neck and she said, "I don't know what to do." She let him put the ice pack on and made it over to a spot where she could sit. Ryan stepped back and a minute or two later walked up and took the ice pack off and wrapped it around her forearm. After a while, she started to feel better.

I was so proud. So. Proud. This girl didn't know Ryan, but he was kind and was able to help her. He's a good man.




In other, slightly related news, don't go out for fajitas with your teacher friends a few hours before a run in the heat. When it's humid. Yeah. Not good. I didn't need assistance, but I sure did feel crummy.

3 comments:

Lawfrog said...

You have a definite keeper there. What a sweetheart! And yeah, fajitas before running - never. I did that once before I ran for 30 minutes on the treadmill at the gym. NEVER AGAIN. Can't even imagine what it's like to eat like that and run outside.

Loni said...

He is definitely a keeper! :)

zydeco fish said...

Chivalry is not dead :-)