Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 New Year's Recovery Party Countdown

I think that this is the fifth year we've thrown this party. Maybe fourth.

At any rate, here's the menu for the party (2-8PM Open House):

Main dishes/meats:
  • quesadillas (cheese and chicken/cheese)
  • sweet and sour meatballs (Ryan's mom will be pleased since it's required to have meatballs in your chafing dishes and ours are theirs, so early '70's vintage)
  • black eyed peas and cornbread

Snacks:
  • fruit salad (pre-made from Central Market--melon, pineapple, berries, kiwi, etc.)
  • crudité (veg and Hidden Valley Ranch dip that I make with light sour cream, so I feel less guilty about scooping it into my pie hole)
  • potato chips to go with ranch dip also
  • tortilla chips (Scoops!) and salsa and guacamole
  • artichoke dip with pita chips

Sweeties:
  • apple cinnamon muffins
  • blueberry struesel muffins
  • chocolate brownies
  • chocolate brownies with chocolate frosting and mini M&M's on top
  • chocolate chip brownies
  • pumpkin cake with mascarpone cheese frosting

Drinks (most in bottles/cans in a large ice chest):
  • various beers
  • cider
  • wine (one of red and white, people usually supply the rest)
  • Bloody Mary mix and vodka
  • Coke
  • Diet Coke
  • Sprite
  • Dr. Pepper

6 comments:

Lawfrog said...

YUM. That list made me SO hungry, sounds like a wonderful spread. Happy New Year!!!

Shoeaddict said...

How was the party?

Mary~Momathon said...

Bet your party was great! The menu sounds delicious! My quesadilla maker just died and I'm a bit melancholy about it, might have to start using a pan. *gasp*

zydeco fish said...

Now, that is planning. Why do Scoops! taste much better than the normal tortilla chips?

Kate said...

The party was tons of fun and I should update what we made and what people ate.

Mary, Ryan is my quesadilla maker. I think he would love a machine to make them!

ZF, the greatest appeal of Scoops is the fact that you can shovel that much more salsa/queso/dip into your pie hole. They're edible spoons. Large spoons.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I'm WAAAAAY late to this party but man, that all sounds GREAT! Can you do this for Superbowl and invite me tomorrow? Hahah.