Friday, September 10, 2010

Not today

Today started off innocently enough. I got to work a half hour early and was looking forward to getting a little work done before the kids arrived. Ha. Haha.

I forgot my keys.

It took forever to find someone who would help me and/or who had a key that works. Half of the people in the building have some kind of semi-master key, but it still took forever.

And then, my file box with the papers I wanted to grade were locked in my closet. Key to that little lock is on the same lanyard as my room key. And my pin drive. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

I walked into my room just as the bell rang.



Then, later...

I had an appointment for bloodwork during my lunchbreak/conference period. In the Medical Center. I screamed over there like I was in a Herbie movie. (Herbie Goes to the Doctor) I got to the office early and was going to go and remind them (as directed) that I needed to get back right away, but... the door was locked.

Locked.

I waited for 10 minutes. I banged on the door. I called and got the answer-message (no way to leave a message). I was HOT. Someone came out of another office on the floor and said they were at lunch. Yeah, but you need to be back before my appointment, especially when you made this appointment with me knowing that I HAD to be back.

So, I got down to the ground floor, up to the parking garage floor, out of the garage (Free! For once! No $5!) and prayed that I wouldn't get stuck behind a train or something. I called again another 5 minutes later and still got the recording.

I pulled into the parking lot and prayed that there would be a space. The teacher parking lot is terrifying and worth a post all its own, but I scored the ONE available spot and it was big enough for my car. I ran into the building just as the warning bell was ringing.

Some of my students were stupid enough to yell at me that I was late. I yelled something like, the bell hasn't rung yet and if you know what's good for you, you will pipe down. Not my finest moment. I did manage to calm down eventually and get my class started.

After school, I called the doc's office and rescheduled. I didn't scream like I wanted to. I will bring it up when I go next time. I could have tried to go in later this afternoon, but I was so angry I didn't think it was a good idea. I am also irritated because it's the fertility doc and I've paid them, well, a shocking amount. I guess I kind of assume that they won't stand me up.

Oh well. It's the weekend. And the lovely Ryan had the day off and came by school and put my room keys in my car. He's a good man.

2 comments:

Lawfrog said...

I would be PISSED if I had an appointment for a doctor who has already been paid a ton of money and they weren't there at said appointment time! They ought to give you a free appointment for your trouble, seriously!

Ryan is a keeper and a sweetheart for bringing your keys.

Shoeaddict said...

Someone needs to blog again... Let us know what's new in her Katie-Kat World. I'm just dying to know what you've been up to.