Sunday, December 12, 2010

TIGHTs?

I realize that this is a minor, minor thing, but it annoys me nonetheless.

Buying tights/pantyhose is always good fun. I am going to be honest here. I am about 5'9" and 175lbs. (more or less), which often puts me on the line between sizes and sometimes is completely off the charts. I often have trouble finding the right size that is big enough, but not baggy. But no matter what I do, it seems that the crotch usually ends up somewhere halfway down my thighs. With sheers I almost exclusively wear stockings or thigh-highs, but you can't do that with anything thicker.

Since it's gotten cold and I have some dresses that still (kind of) fit, I was wanting some maternity tights or even leggings. Well, I got some BeMaternity leggings from Target and those things are RIDICULOUS. They're thick enough and all, but they really, really want to be the exact same size as they were in the package. It's like when you're trying to roll out pizza dough and it just keeps shrinking back no matter what you do.

Today I wore them to church with an adorable little dress, beaded black flats and my plaid wool coat that doesn't button anymore, but it's not cold here enough to justify a couple maternity coats. Anyway, we went to church and then afterward we went to the grocery store. Walking into the store I was complaining about the leggings. The full-panel that was supposed to cover a full pregnant belly was hanging around the waistband of my undies. Considerably lower than just under my bust. I'm just sayin'.

By the time we got home, I showed Ryan that the waistband had pulled my undies down and were halfway down my butt. And the knees were so baggy I looked like an elephant.

WHY IS THAT?????? Why can't someone design a pair of tights that are tight enough to stay up??

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sorry, hon, I think it's a terrible curse visited upon us tall girls. Do you remember when I was pregnant you guys thought I was fashionable because I was always wearing scarfs tied around my waist when I wore jeans? yeah, that was to keep my pants up:(
Have you tried the actual maternity store? Oh and try anything on before you buy! At least that way you aren't stuck paying for stuff you can't wear:(

Kate said...

Thanks, Julie! I am totally going to steal the scarf idea. I had forgotten about that. I had a rotten experience at Motherhood, but that was really early on so everything was GIANT and I felt like it was the first day at a new school and I was the only one who didn't know what to do. I should give it another try, yes? :)