Thursday, October 20, 2011

Little Buddy is Six Months!

10/20/11
 


18 lb 13 oz. (86th %ile)
29 in. (97th %ile)

Even his doctor told him to "act his age"!  He's huge, but he's right on track for his development.  Even I sometimes expect more of him since he looks like he's twice his age.

He is the most delightful child.  He smiles and laughs and giggles.  He loves to "read" books and loves it when I sing the "Hush Little Baby" version that I found (all about nature and love and snuggling).

He continues to take his heart medicine and will have a new doctor next time because the doctor who saved his life got a job at another university.

He cut two teeth about a week ago.  The bottom front two.  He was massively drooly, but then, he's been like that for months now.  It didn't seem to hurt him much.  I don't even think that I can hope to have this be how it goes with him.

He has been having trouble falling asleep at night, which has all of us unhappy.  We got lots of advice and we'll see how things go.  Hopefully he'll go back to sleeping through the night.

He's also on his first round of antibiotics due to an ear infection.  He has to take it for another week, but he's already feeling better.

Six months ago was the best and worst day of my life.  I am so lucky to have this sweet little boy in my life.  He just needs to SLOW DOWN.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Happy half-Birthday!

Kate said...

Thanks, Karen!

Shoeaddict said...

What a gorgeous boy! I guess it's getting really old for me to say how much I want to see him. So, I won't. :)

I won't give any advice or info about the sleeping situation since that is probably not what you want. Good luck!!!

Mary~Momathon said...

Awww, he's so sweet! I love that he loves to read and has a favorite lullaby.

Mary~Momathon said...

Awww, he's so sweet! I love that he loves to read and has a favorite lullaby.