Monday, December 03, 2012

Sadness

We lost a student last week.  So sad.  The kids are devastated.  The adults are devastated.

In related news, the day it happened my kids were taking notes to prepare for reading Macbeth.  The next day we started reading As You Like It.  More comedy! More romance!  Less violence, death, and doom. More cross-dressing!

Mainly it sucks.  And mainly I think of Little Buddy.  How do I protect him when he's 18? How do I protect any of them?  How do I get them to hold on?

3 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

That is so sad. I am glad you had the insight to change the lesson plan! Isn't it amazing how the events of the world around us impact you in a different way than they ever did before since becoming a mom? Hope LB enjoys another 100 years of good health and good fortune.

Shoeaddict said...

UGH!! You help me find a bubble to put them in and never, ever, ever let them out. :(

Leslie said...

How am I just finding your blog?!?! Thank you for the sweet comment yesterday about my work ( or, lack of work situations ). Hope you are doing great!!