Sunday, January 25, 2015

Big blue monster

Little Buddy and I went on a road trip a few weeks ago.  It was full of adventure (20 minutes crouched in the nastiest truck stop bathroom complete with cigarette smoke coming in from somewhere.  As in the next stall?  He was successful, which was a huge relief to me for a number of reasons including not having to drive down the highway with a small boy screaming that he has to poop.  Now).

Rules are fluid on road trips.  For example, we stopped at Braum's in Ennis on the way there and then on the way back.  I got him a cone.  A regular cone.  Yeah, that's giant for someone under four feet tall.  And the second time she gave it to him in a waffle cone and filled it up.  WILD SUGAR MONKEY.  No one in the house slept that night!

 The shirt matched, although not intentionally.  The pants had aqua stripes.  Totally pajamas.

Who can resist "birthday cake" ice cream?  The blue stuff is whatever kid flavor is really and it had pieces of white cake in it.  Pretty darn good.  He shared it with me and I was eating it as fast as I could... so it wouldn't melt all over him...
And just because I'm sharing photos, here he is wearing a footie sleeper.  I know I'd be more comfortable if I could travel in one!  The fireman rain boots are on the small side so shoving the footie part in there was not fun, but when you're three and a half, if the shoes are cool enough you will find a way to get over any discomfort.  I find this to be true for me sometimes.

Ryan is not a huge fan of eggnog, but he loooooves Braum's eggnog.  We live about 150 miles from the closest one, so we usually don't have any.  Little Buddy and I surprised him with this half-price, after-Christmas half gallon.  Ryan was touched and pleased.  Plus, when someone who looks like this gives you something, how can you be anything other than pleased?



1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

Ahhhhh, Braum's.
I'm so lucky to live by one. Their crinkle fries? Awesome.
Their milk? Somehow tastes better and "milkier."
I love Braum's.

Bathrooms on road trips? Ugh.

Your travel mate: super cute!